Tech 21 Brit Fly Rig 5 – British Amp Tones
The BRIT’s distortion section is based upon our own British SansAmp Character Series pedal, which was inspired by the celebrated, crunchy vintage amps from across the pond.
While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, the BRIT and CALI sections can painlessly transform your sound at the kick of a switch. You can completely change the personality of a clean amp tone or use it as an instant mod with a dirty amp tone. Engaging the Boost function is like having an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. Activated via its own footswitch, you can kick in up to 21dB of pre-amp boost. The range allows you to go from a state of mild overdrive to insane gain. Boost also operates independently to punch up any of the other functions.
Sleek, compact, and simply awesome, the gunmetal-finish Fly Rig 5 is a tiny tonal titan, a thoroughbred professional unit armed with sweet analog tones. Weighing in at just over 18 oz. and under 12 inches in length, you can rule the road, rehearsal or recording gig. No stinkin’ van, no heavy flight cases, no cable spaghetti, no dead weight.
With the Fly Rig 5, no arena is too large and no stage is too small. Just grab your guitar and tap into five must-have pedals in Tech 21’s award-winning arsenal: a genuine SansAmp, a reverb, a delay, a powerful boost and the incredible Plexi distortion. All of this in a streamlined, rugged metal housing that will easily fit in your guitar case. There are illuminated mini-controls to show active status, an included power supply and studio-grade, metal footswitches and jacks. It’s everything you need and nothing you don’t.
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level, and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
- All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
- Get 5 “must-have” gigging pedals for 1/3 the cost at 1/3 the size, without sacrificing pro quality tone.
- All metal housing in gunmetal finish.
- Metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- 1/4-inch low impedance output.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
- Utilizes included “auto-switching” 12V DC power supply. Self-adjusts to 100V-240V. It can be used anywhere in the world with the proper plug/travel adapter for the host country.
Condition: This unit is brand new and factory sealed, fresh from the manufacturer. You’re purchasing from an authorized Tech 21 dealer.