Roger Mayer Bel Air Wah & Volume Pedal
One look at the Bel Air Low Line will visually illustrate to you that this foot controller is unlike any other products that are on the market. Once you have stepped onto one and experienced the ease of use it will be difficult to go back to what you may be using now. We have started with a clean sheet of paper and addressed each of the shortcomings that previous designs have. It is truly a revolutionary design right from its looks to the many technical and ergonomic innovations it brings to the player. The low profile and silky smooth action allows players to achieve a more natural way to express themselves as the connection between foot and mind become virtually transparent. The awkward and stiff mechanical manipulations of a gear train and switch are removed in our new desigb evolution that replaces the established 40-year-old design. Say goodbye to the balancing act required to use the old fashioned style pedals.
I have a long history of successfully creating wah electronics that have produced some of the most notable wah sounds ever recorded. This past history and heritage has been my inspiration to move the goal posts forwards and produce this state of the art design which incorporates the latest cutting edge technology and materials.
The latest evolution of the Vision Wah has an improved continuous WAH SWEEP control providing a greater range of wah tones that range from “Band of Gypsys” to “Funk”. The original guitar sound can also be blended back into the mix to producing wah tones from subtle to full on.
- WAH SWEEP: Continuous control of wah sweep frequency. Discover the wah tones I developed for Jimi and used by him at the “Band of Gypsys” concert plus the Funk tones used on many records.
- WAH BLEND: This allows blending of the guitar back into the wah sound to allow full control of wah depth and Q.
- VARIABLE VOLUME RANGE: Remove the bottom plate to access this multi-turn control. This control allows precise adjustment of the reduction in volume level desired when the pedal is in the up position. The volume range has purposely been limited to a maximum of -30dB so that during performance the pedal has a usable range and is not just a volume switch. An excessively large range of control is not that easy to control with your foot when standing up and in fact when using the pedal in a live situation a range of 20dB is popular and is easily controlable from your foot. This corresponds to turning the guitar volume from 10 to 5. The fact that the range can be limited and set now enables the Bel Air to accurately control amp or pedal distortion.
- DUAL MODE BYPASS: There are two modes that can be selected via by moving a jumper on the card.
- Mode 1 = AUTO – Switch between WAH and VOLUME.
- Mode 2 = WAH – Switch between WAH and BYPASS.
Condition: This unit is brand new, fresh from the factory. Vision Guitar is an authorized Roger Mayer dealer.