Milkman Sound 5W Half Pint Mini Amplifier – Custom Brown Tolex
One of our customers dared me to make this amp. Would we really be able to fit reverb and tremolo into a single ended class A 5W amp and make it small enough to fit under an airplane seat? We decided to take the challenge and the results were worth it – this amp is FUN!
The amp is loosely based off of a Princeton Reverb® however in order to use less space there is a Tweed style tone stack (and output) and a single tube reverb system. The tremolo circuit is the same as its big brother the 20W Milkman. Having a tube driven reverb tank and tremolo make this a very versatile amp that sounds great! Because the output is only 5W, you can get searing lead tones at a modest volume. Its perfect for recording or practicing at home. The amp has a gorgeous clean sound but with one turn of the volume knob it goes into thick distortion because there are 3 gain stages before the output. With a touch of reverb, this little amp sounds larger than life – however, its pint sized!
Half Pint Features:
- Custom Brown Tolex
- Dimension: 17″ x 15″ x 8″
- Volume, Tone, Reverb, Trem Speed and Depth Controls
- Power switch on rear
- Comes with footswitch for tremolo
- 5W Class A Amplifier
- Hand Wired in USA with Cloth wire
- 10” Combo w/Jupiter Speaker
- Cathode Bias
- Oversize Mercury Magnetics Output Transformer
- Accepts 6L6 or 6V6 with no need for rebias
- 5Y3 Tube Rectifier
- Tube Tremolo and Reverb
- Jupiter Capacitors
- Jupiter Ceramic 25W Loudspeaker
- NOS Allen Bradley Resistors Throughout
- Turret Board Construction
Condition: This unit is brand new fresh from the factory. Vision Guitar is an authorized Milkman dealer!