Mammoth Keeley ProCo Rat 2 3-Way Mod Classic Distortion Pedal
The RAT has a classic tone to start with. This pedal is now the culmination of many ideas and modifications. Every component added is of the highest quality. Film capacitors are used in the tone section to provide the smoothest midrange and high frequency components to your tone while increasing the bass response of the pedal.
3-Way Switch Modes:
- Switch to the Left (or down if you have a large box Rat) – This is the classic RAT sound, you benefit from the increase in bass response dues to the capacitor changes we make. The volume will seem low compared to the other modes but this the stock RAT output level.
- Switch to the Right (or up if you have a large box Rat) – This is the PHAT RAT mode, normally the Rat has two diodes in the circuit for clipping, we add one to add a tube type tone. The volume is increased slightly and there is an added richness to the tone. Fatter and more complex is the tone you get from this mode.
- Switch in the Center — This is the Mighty Mouse mode. Super volume output. We take out a diode from the circuit so this thing is raging with volume. Great natural sounding gain. Enough volume to drive any amp into true overdrive.
- 3-Way Clipping Selection Switch
- Capacitor upgrades within the signal path to reduce noise and improve bass response as well as signal clarity.
- DC Jack is replaced with a standard barrel plug adapter
- Blue Led
Condition: This unit is brand new from an authorized dealer.