Analog Man Bi-Comprossor Compressor Pedal
In the year 2000, there were no Ross Clones being made. So with the help of Alfonso Hermida (Zen Drive), we reverse-engineered an old Ross, and have been making our own version, the Analog Man compROSSor pedal, from scratch ever since. Our comprossors soon became extremely popular and had a long waiting list. So others came out with Klones of the Ross compressor, which is easy now as all the info to build one can now be found online. But just building from a recipe will not give the same results as a cook who knows how and why to include or discard certain ingredients, and add the perfect seasonings. So we are staying a few steps ahead of the others, you will see the differences in quality and features below. We came out with the ATTACK control in 2001, which one of our COMPetitors finally added in 2005 after years of saying it was not needed. But seems he only added half of an attack control- it only goes one way from the stock setting. Ours is able to ADD or SUBTRACT from the stock setting, which we put in the middle of the range.
We have slowly been improving our Comprossor every year, and are using some of the Saffron Squeeze improvements in all of our comprossors now. This makes them a little more open and less squashed than the other comps on the market. We have also tuned the low and high end of the pedal, so as to keep your signal from being changed.
- Custom made aluminum box for durability. 3.75″ (9.5 cm) wide x 4.6″ (11.7 cm) length x 1.4″ (3.5cm) tall (plus knobs and jacks)
- Professionally finished in antique silver hammertone powdercoat finish and white silkscreening.
- The two compressors are not usually used at the same time, but you can if you want extra amounts of compression, squashing, and volume! I use them both to get feedback in certain passages.
- True Bypass on both sides
- Two 3PDT stomp switches
- Two LEDs- left is red for compROSSor and right is Yellow.
- Power jack standard, no extra charge. You can plug a Boss style 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel 9vDC adaptor into this jack.
- UK made RE’AN jacks for best noise isolation and operation. They are more expensive than the metal Mexican Switchcraft jacks, but the benefits outweigh the cost.
- New for 2003! Ross has the attack time knob standard, no more need to open the pedal to change attack setting!
- Juicer has the bias trim pot inside on circuit board
- Ross SUSTAIN knob on outside.New for 2003 now has same taper as original Ross pedal!
- Two volume knobs (one for each compressor) on the outside.
- Low power draw even with both LEDs on – about 10mA.
Revision 4 Circuit:
- Excellent output impedance for a clearer tone with no signal loss or need for a buffer
- More available output for boosting your amp
- No phase reversal
- Less compression available