Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (External Hi-Cut Switch Toggle Upgrade)
The Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay pedal is hand-made, not factory built. Has two selectable settings of delay time, feedback, AND delay level, not just delay time! Also has effects loop and expression pedal jack for delay time.
This delay was designed for ease of use and the best sound possible, with standard features everyone can use, but optional external features for things everyone may not want to pay for up front. The external options like tap tempo, modulation, and presets is an additional pedal with a computer in it to control this delay. It’s trivial to make an analog delay that has very dark repeats, as the noise which is the problem with analog delays is filtered out along with the high end. To make the repeats have good fidelity without excessive noise (like the Deluxe Memory Man) is difficult, especially with the newer low voltage delay chips, but we have tuned this delay for a very high fidelity repeats and kept the noise very low. If you want less high end there are ways to get that (which also reduce noise).
- (Hi-Cut Switch Toggle Upgrade) an external high cut toggle with stock (middle) and medium and strong high cut positions.
- True bypass switching, the right side foot switch is effect ON/OFF.
- It’s ONE delay pedal, but has TWO sets of controls, not only delay time but also delay level and feedback.
- YELLOW channel (upper 3 knobs) or RED channel (lower 3 knobs) are selected with the left foot switch.
- Battery or normal 9V boss type power. Power jack in the center top.
- Battery compartment on the bottom for quick and easy battery changes
- Low power consumption, 15mA, so an alkaline battery should last about 30 hours of use.
- Jacks are on the top of the pedal for efficient layout on pedalboards
- Input jack on the right, unplug to disconnect battery
- Output jack on the left
- EFFECTS LOOP is next to the input jack. Use a Y-cable (insert cable like optional HOSA STP-201) to run an effect only when the delay is ON, and only on the delayed sound.
- The dry sound will stay in the pedal, it won’t pass through the effects loop.
- Modulation pedals are cool here. The E-H FREEZE pedal is amazing in the loop!
- Or use a VOLUME pedal with a Y-Cable
- Or an expression pedal to control the level of the delays. Pulling back all the way will kill the delay sound. You can also control the FEEDBACK this way, as lowering the volume will reduce the feedback so you can easily control infinite delays.
- DELAY TIME EXPRESSION jack is next to the output jack. Use a normal
- Boss EV5 type expression pedal to control the delay time of the RED
- channel. This jack will also be used for external options we will introduce
- including tap tempo, modulation, multiple delay time preset boxes, etc.
- The Boss FV500L is a stronger, bigger expression pedal which we also carry. We also carry the Ernie Ball 6181 volume pedal which makes a GREAT small, heavy duty expression pedal (requires insert Y-cable).
- 600mS (.6 seconds) analog delay time, with clear, not dull, delay sounds. But not clean and bright like a digital delay. Most of the units actually get 650mS if you measure them.
- The delays are easily controlled for infinite feedback without runaway volume problems which can damage your speakers. Minimum delay time is 36mS.
- You can plug into the EFFECTS LOOP to get a WET ONLY sound, when the pedal is ON. The dry sound will come out of the normal output. You will need a special cable to get the wet output, with the ring on the pedal side connected to the tip of the output cable. Ground the tip on the pedal side (kills noise) if you don’t want feedback (multiple repeats). Attach the tip to the ring on the pedal side to allow feedback. You can also plug a normal cable half-way into the EFFECTS LOOP jack to do this but it’s a little tricky to get it just right so if you want to do it often it’s best to make up a cable (or we can make one for you).
- Two LED lights blink in time to the delay setting.
- New flat version has an internal DARK switch to reduce the high end on the repeats. The dry signal is not changed. The switch is on the back side of the board.
- Flat box version size : 4.6″ wide x 5.5″ deep x 1.72″ tall (2.4″ to top of switch)
- Vision Guitar is an authorized Analog Man dealer!
- We ship within 24 hours of receiving payment
- International buyers are welcome, no returns on international transactions.